"Ask God to put you just where he wants you, and to tell you what he wants you to do, and feel that you are on hand to do it." I LOVE YOU ALL - SEE YA IN TWO!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

3.5.11 Nick's 1st Letter


Ola Familia!
Well I have served the first couple days. It is crazy how much time has flown by. I have literally lost track of days which is unbelievable.  It was busy from the get though.  After Jason picked me up we drove down to Provo picked up Joey and then headed out for lunch.  Where we saw The Albrecsons eating getting ready to drop off Joe.  My last meal on the outside was Cafe Rio which was most excellent :)
When I got dropped off I went throught all the lines, got my badge complete with the dork dot, my schedule, and my ID card.  Little did I know I would look down at my packet of stuff and find my companions name.  What do I find? Elder Wilson Tucker Sivertson. Yes thats right. My companion is Elder Siverston (Wilson of coarse) from Damascus Oregon! It was so funny cause we sat next to eachother on the plane and everything.  Who would have know that 2 years ago when we met that I would be meeting my Companion haha!
The first day was little overwhelming, they moved so fast and it was just nuts.  I walked into my classroom and my teacher Irma Chamberlin just starts speaking portuguese right off the bat.  She is really nice and helpful and has already taught my district how to pray and bare our testimonies.  My district is all Elders.  Elder Batschi from Washington, Elder Palmer from St. George UT, Elder Jubitz from Hood River Or, and Elder Van Den Berg from Conneticut. We all get along very well and feel very blessed to be together. Its awesome! I was just bushed when I got back to our dorm and hit the sack right at 10:30.  They weren't kidding about all the materials you would recieve here. I have to Preach My Gospels, 7 Portuguese books, and a new set of Portuguese scriptures cha ching! Thursday was also very busy. We were so tired from the first day but just kept pulling through! I love it that I get so exhausted but don't want to sleep cause I can just learn so much! We met our branch president (President Braithwaite) and the Branch Presidency on Thursday night. They are all very nice and very helpful.  After the introduction meeting we all bore our testimonies and man was it just so awesome! I loved it! After we were pulled out of our classroom invidually for interviews from the presidenct.  They just asked how we were and how we were feeling.  After my interview President Braithwaite asked me to be the District Leader for my District.  I'm not sure what he saw but he says he has High Expectations for me in the MTC and in the Field. I guess being a missionary will be bigger than what I thought :)
It seems like all we do is study, sleep, and eat haha! The food is ok but the bathrooms are even better if you know what I mean. I go to bed just so tired every night but ready for the new day when my alarm goes off at 6:15 oi! My P-day will be every Friday so you can expect an email then.  They say were in good standing for our visas since we have already filled out the online applications.  Some Elder's in my Zone have been here for 9 weeks already :/. All I can ask is that you pray for my visa to go through and to help me with the language.  I am learning so much and it is so great! I love the work and how hard it is because I know it will be rewarding.  I have seen alot of people from school here.  My roommate who is going to Korea and my FHE sister is in my zone! Plus alot of kids from my mission prep class and ward! I love the work, the language is hard, but the gospel is everlasting! Hope your day is going well. I love you all and can feel the support already! Obrigado!
Amar,
Elder Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment