"Ask God to put you just where he wants you, and to tell you what he wants you to do, and feel that you are on hand to do it." I LOVE YOU ALL - SEE YA IN TWO!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

You are called to serve in the Fortaleza, Brazil Mission

Elder Anderson left today for his LDS mission in Fortaleza, Brazil. He will serve a 2 year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints where he will share the gospel with others. He received his mission call in October 2010 while going to BYU-Idaho in Rexburg, ID. It seemed so far off then and he has been preparing for the past 5 months and now it's finally here! Well...he has technically been preparing his whole life :) Originally he was to enter the Brazil MTC today, but received an email a week ago that he would be going into the Provo, Utah MTC because his visa has still not arrived :( We are anxious and hoping his visa arrives soon and when it does, he may leave right away for the Brazil MTC. Until then, he will still be learning the language of Portugese. Nick, we are so proud of you! We'll miss you a ton but know that you will be in the best place. Have no regrets Nick! You have 2 years to make a difference and the rest of your life to think about it!


Check out Nick's last note:

TO EVERYONE THAT WANTS TO KNOW WHAT I AM ABOUT TO DO...

by Nick Anderson on Tuesday, March 1, 2011 at 5:07pm
I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The dye has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won’t look back, let up, slow down, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I’m finished and done with low living, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals. I no longer need pre-eminence, position, promotions, plaudits or popularity. I don’t have to be right, first, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk with patience, am uplifted by prayer and labor with power. My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven. My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won’t give up, shut up, or let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, and paid up for the cause of Christ. I must go ‘till He comes, give ‘till I drop, preach ‘till all know, and work ‘till He stops me. And when He returns for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My Banner will be clear.






And also Nick's last status on Facebook:

My greatest thrill and the most joyful of all realizations is that I have the opportunity, as Nephi phrased it, to “talk of Christ, to rejoice in Christ, preach of Christ, and prophesy of Christ” wherever I may be and with whomever I may find myself, I will testify until the last breath of my life is gone. My very being should reflect the divinity of this work.” I LOVE YOU ALL...SEE YA IN TWO! :



2 comments:

  1. Who is the creator of this blog and who is updating it???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started it! - Kara. Want the password?? You can add stuff to it if you want.

    ReplyDelete