"Ask God to put you just where he wants you, and to tell you what he wants you to do, and feel that you are on hand to do it." I LOVE YOU ALL - SEE YA IN TWO!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Ola! Boa Semana para Voces!

So if I could sum up this week I would say, Busy! Hands down the busiest I have ever had since coming to Fortaleza.  We had the goal to just keep working and working this week and thats what we did.  We taught 27 lessons and contacted nearly all of our new references.  It was pretty insane.  I think I came home every single night in a haze.  Just ready to take a shower and crawl into my bed or hammock, I bought one last week and have been using it reguarly.  It is definatly something to get used too :)
 
More recently, last night we had a fireside with the entire ward about missionary work.  We invited President and Sister Souza (Mission President) to come speak which was excellent.  I also had the oppurtunity to speak for the first 10 minutes which went well.  When I sat back down next to President he looked at me and said ´´I think you´ll be just fine with this language´´  It felt pretty good just being able to speak and not have to think too much on what I was trying to say.  Portugues is definatly a rock that I will be trying to lift these next two years but on the plus side I have a good grip for right now. 
 
I guess one of the reasons that I was so tired this week is that Elder Graff and I ran home 3 nights in a row.  We came out of a few of the lessons looking at our watches and seeing 9:05ish.  There was one side of area that takes about a 20-30 minute walk. One of the nights was especially funny when we started off walking fast and hoping that member would pass by and give us a ride.  Didn´t happen so I said ´´Elder you ready to run?´´ He that would be funny.  And then I just took off spirinting.  As we were running down the street I just kept hearing Elder Graff saying ´´I HATE YOU! I CAN´T BELIEVE I´M DOING THIS, I AM TOTALLY GOING TO WRITE ABOUT THIS IN MY JOURNAL!´´  I was running and laughing all in one.  I was all about being obiedient I guess.  We walked through the door right at 9:30 every night.  One of the many people that watched us run passed them said `´Robbed?´´ I said ´´No! Late!´´
 
I am liking this area alot. There are a lot of things to see and do.  Especially today,  I finally played BASKETBALL!. We only played for about 30 minutes because I felt like I was melting.  We are hoping to have a lot more success this week.  This will be week 6 of the transfer so that means this next saturday we will get the phone call to see if one of us will be leaving.  Elder Graff said I am going Assisent to the President, but jokingly! Hope your all doing well!
 
One thing that President said that was excellent last night to the members.  ´´We all have the same call to preach the gospel weather we have a badge or not.  Don´t put all the work on two 19 year-old boys´´  It was excellent so that goes for all of you!
Love you all, Have a good week!
 
Tchau!
Elder N. Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment