"Ask God to put you just where he wants you, and to tell you what he wants you to do, and feel that you are on hand to do it." I LOVE YOU ALL - SEE YA IN TWO!

Monday, October 10, 2011

Week number "No Sei"

So there was a nice little cockroache crawling on my leg about 5 minutes ago.  Yummy! 

How is everyone doing?  Hope your doing good.  It just keeps getting hotter and hotter here I think.  Part of this time of year.  We had a little bit of rain for about 15 minutes this morning which was weird, havent seen that in 3 months.  I guess its all part of living in the Brazilian Northeast!  Hot and dry!

We had a baptim last night for our friend Gerrlani, her and her mom have been investigating the church for about a month now and we decided to move forward with her baptism this week.  This ward as been ´´dry´´´(without a baptism) for about 2 and half months so everyone was excited when we announced it in Sacrement Meeting.  Gerrliani´s Mom, Veronica will hopefully be married this week and then we will try and scheadule her baptism close to the end of this month. It is really interesting when you meet people that have been ´´together´´ for 15 years and still haven´t gotten married.  It is part of the culture down here.  Weddings on paper can be kinda of expensive so usually people just live together and say they are married.  Almost all the couples I have taught have been like this.  I come out of lessons talking with my companion saying, ´´Just Get married!´´

I dont think I talked about this last week but I am living with 3 Brazilians now.  I am out numbered 3 to1 but it makes it easy to keep the Português fluent.  I will be honest in saying it is crazy!  I have learned a lot about brazilians in one week! More than I could have imagined.  Everyday when I wake up I just think, what am I doing.  But it is awesome.  They all have different personalities but are all from São Paulo.  They definatly have a lot of Brazilian Pride.  

We just keep working and working.  The members still help out a lot it seems like every lunch appointment there is a new reference and everyone is getting anxious for the new Chapel to be finished.  We are trying to find an apartment to move into that will be closer to the new chapel and our area.  We dont actually live in our area so it makes things a little difficult when we have to get to an appointment to start off the day.  Hence Elder Graff and I running home a few weeks back.  We have been looking a lot of places and I think I have learned a lot more vocabulary about renting an apartment.  For the most part we havent found anything to promissing but hopefully we will soon.  The area is really commercialized.  Lots of condos and avenues. 

I had my second Interview with Pres. Souza this week and he says that he is watching my progression closely during these next few months.  It was nice being able to understand everything he was saying.  He said that I need to be more ´´annoying´´ and I will learn the language even more.  We will see how this goes.  Mom he told me to tell you thank you for teaching me to iron my shirts, brush my hair and shave.  

Life is hot, busy and rewarding.  I cant believe that I am sitting on my eight month mark.  It has flown by.  I am having a good time every day and my companion has learned to appreciate my singing when we walk down the road.  The first time I was doing it he asked ´´What are you doing?´´ And I said ´´Singing, because I love being a missionary.´´

Love you all, have a good week!
Elder N. Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment