"Ask God to put you just where he wants you, and to tell you what he wants you to do, and feel that you are on hand to do it." I LOVE YOU ALL - SEE YA IN TWO!

Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Fire is Still Burning


Pictures:
Just your classic burn :)
Broken table, I still laugh at this.
OHHHH that beach
One!


Hey All, 


How is everyone this week?  It was a busy week to start off.  Actually REALLY busy in fact, its seems like when the transfer starts to ''wind up'' thats when the busiest time falls finishing the 6 weeks.  We are just now heading into the 6th week of the transfer and as always, the entire mission is getting anxious for the news.  Its kinda reminds of being a little kid, when you go to the grade school in the summer to see who your teacher is going to be for that year OR when you wait to see your new class schedule . The anticipation, wondering if any of your friends will be in your classes, how the teacher is going to be.  Its basically like that for transfers.  Everyone wants to know! 

This week we had two large conferences for the Zone Leaders and Leadership of the mission.  I had to speak at both of them, talking about some of the stuff here in the office.  On Wednesday we had the Zone Leaders meeting which was held here in the office.  There was a huge excitement about lunch as well, Pizza Hut!  There are probably about 10 in all of Brasil and one just happens to be right on the beach here in Fortaleza.  When we called to order it the day before, the restaurant said that we needed to go pick it up.  So, Sister Souza and the 3 secretaries drove down there to get them.  We had to make a few other stops as we made are way there, getting things for the transfer, etc.  There were tons of pillows, soda and pizza stuffed into Sister Souza´s car.  When we got to Pizza Hut to get the Pizzas it was literally right there on the beach.  All of our mouths dropped.  Of coarse we heard from Sister Souza ''This is the closest you will ever be to the beach'' but it was cool! That water reminds exactly what St. Martin looked like 2 years ago.  The Conferences went well though.  Lots of errands to do which kept us busy but President Souza had alot to talk about a lot of interesting things that helped us all.  Wednesday and Thursday, we came home completly exhausted but I made sure to rest up for my celebratory 1 year make on Friday.  

It seemed like this whole week, I was thinking, '' What have I been doing for a year?'' The flood of memories that just kept coming to my head.  My companion Elder Loureiro woke me singing '' Happy Birthday'' to me for some reason which was so funny.  It wasn´t really any day different than the others. Just fun to think back on it all.  We worked the majority of the day in the office as usual.  References kept me busy and it seemed like on Thursday after the conference they just flooded in.  When we went out to go visit our investigators that night, it was the reality of how much I have progressed since day one.  Actually being able to communicate with people,  feeling comfortable speaking another language, and just feeling like a missionary.  Everyone that has ever been to the MTC all know that the first day you don´t know what is going on at all.  We had  the celebratory ''burning of the shirt'' for the one year mark and delicious hot wings to end the night.  It is so funny how those mission traditions still stay alive.  I geuss the highlight of the day was Elder Howland breaking one of our tables.  We had just finished our day and he decided that he wanted to give me a hug.  I geuss he wanted to save time by climbing over the table until it whobbled a little, fell to the ground and shattered.  I think we were all stunned at first but after, I couldn´t stop laughing.  He´s fine. but a little embarrassed when we talk about it with our investigators or members of the ward.

As for investigators, we are doing a little reorganization for the people we teach.  We are trying to get all of them to progress but sometimes it takes a little longer than we want.  I geuss it goes all to being patient and following things on the Lord´s time.  I think I have learned a lot of patience on the mission thats for sure.  We are teaching a few couples that seem like that have a lot of potential.  They are very willing and welcoming to us.  Some of them already have the building blocks to strong testimonies which is what makes it all worth it.  I just love it when you see the ''fire of the gospel''' start to burn.   You see that excitement literally in their eyes and it makes us all happy.  There are some lessons that we come out of and just feel so happy.  Its excellent.   

I geuss thats my focus today and for the rest of the year, not just a physical fire that happened this week, but a spiritual one as well.  I can literally see how the gospel makes all of us be better.  How we put of the ''natural things'' and truly invest ourselves in the work of God.  I am seeing how this year will be a lot different than the first.  Seriously, it will turn a lot of things around for me and I know by the time it starts to end thats when everything will click.  Stages of Missionary life never seem to suprise me, as long as you keep that fire burning it all becomes natural.  I love this work, I love the Gospel, and I love the special plan all of us have.  

I hope you all have an excellent week, Love you all so much!

Love, 

Elder N. Anderson 

No comments:

Post a Comment