"Ask God to put you just where he wants you, and to tell you what he wants you to do, and feel that you are on hand to do it." I LOVE YOU ALL - SEE YA IN TWO!

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Transferred!


Pictures:
Fortaleza ( I didn´t know we had this view until yesterday!) 
This is my first donut in 11 months, I havent seen them since the Provo MTC
Rain Storm friday night, I didn´t want my tie to get wet
Just your classic hop across a giant puddle 

OI! Tudo bem!? 


Companions: Elder Howland (Murray, Utah)  Elder Loureiro (São Paulo, SP)
Area: Aldeota  ( I sent a picture of them a few weeks back.)

So this week, was a little bit more different than the other weeks this transfer.  However, as usual I will start from it all beginning with last Monday night.

Usually I try and get out of the office by 6 so we can get to a few appointments to end the night. However, I got a call from São Paulo on Monday asking for a few updates on feedbacks for referrals, and a report on how ´´pass-along cards´´ worked in the Mission.  I was kinda stressing a little bit in the beginning because I was trying to figure how to get everyhting to this lady.   She said that she would give me a week since I was new and still learning how to get the reports in.  UInfortunatly, the last reference secertary didn´t leave me with too much information about these things.  So I was working from scratch, oh well. In the end, I was working in the office for the rest of the night up until about 8:15.  We were getting ready for Zone Conferences this week and trying to do last minute things just so I didn´t have to think about the references stuff until I went back to the office during the week.  The Executive Seceretery told me that there was a chance that I could be trasfered this week because there was another Elder returning to the mission.  Usually when someone comes in half-way through the transfer if makes things a little confusing and gives President a headhache, but usually in this case, the Reference Seceretary gets transfered to the office and stays in a ´´trio´´ (Tri-companionship) with the other seceretaries. Anyways, I wasn´t too sure if I would be transfered or not, I just put it in the back of my mind and just tryed to stay focused.  We raced home that night, to get a movie to the rental place on time.  We got of the bus at an earlier stop and I told Elder Reynolds that we would probably be running to the place.  It closed at 9 and by this time it was 8:45 with a 20 minutes walk ahead of us.  Here in Fortaleza, you can never be too sure because there is the case of people closing early.  We took off running down the Avenue, running as fast as we could with our backpacks in hand.  On the otherside of the street there was a girl racing against us. She just kept running as did we but in the end she finally just gave it in.  My companion just kept saying, just pay the fine and we can walk,  I geuss those ´´Anderson genes´´ got the best of me and said no, I´m not spending my money on it.  We just kept running and running until finally we got there and the rental place was opened! I was sweating my little eye brows off, but I got the movie in haha.  I´m pretty sure the guy at the rental shop just shook his head and wondered what happened to us.  

 Tuesday was normal for us.  We had our normal hours of study and then working.   We went to go see a few people that went to church and some that were planning on going but didn´t make it.  It was a long day of visits, however around 6:30 the assistents called and told us what was going on.  There was indeed an Elder arriving in the mission and President did what we all expected.  I was transfered.   I was kind of a bummed, I liked working with Elder Reynolds a lot but its ok. I geuss thats just how the mission goes some times.  We went home early, right after the phone call, so I could pack and get things together.  We needed to be at the office at 4:00pm on Wednesday.  It was interesting how much stuff I didn´t unpack when we got the transfer call the first time.  So packing was easy, just doing laundry and cleaning out my desk.  Wednesay I went and said goodbye to a few people and gave a quick tour of the area to Elder Reynolds.  He told me he  felt a little lost, but I gave him a map, the list of the members and told him, If you need anything, just call me.  By 3:00 we were in the taxi heading downtown.  We got to the office and President decided to give me the nickname as the ´´Joker´´  because I always seem to move around at the most random times in the tranfers.  President and I had a good laugh together about that.  

I have already known Elder Howland and Elder Loureiro (other secreteries) for awhile, I was excited to come here and be able to work a lot more and at a little bit more relaxed pace.  We live in the mission home and have a really good area.  I actually always wanted to come and work in this area (just a little thing in the back of mind, thinking it would be a good area to work in) and I end up here.  We all get along really well the assistents nicknamed us the ´´Time de Sonhos´´ which actually means, The Dream Team.  We did a division with the assistents this week and Elder Prieto (Assistent) said that this area has a lot to look forward too this transfer.  Its fun teaching in three, we all have a good time and have had a lot of success.  Its like every companionship thats new,  You bring the best of what you have to offer and then use it.  Usually its two only bring the best, but now its three.  We may have lost a little sleep this week but its always fun to tell stories and get to know eachother better.  We work in the office from 8am to 6pm every day and teach from 6 to 9:30.  The schedule is different but it works out. Especially now that I avoid the hottest part of the day in the air condioning haha.  Maybe it will give my skin a break.  

Thursday through Saturday was working in between Zone Conferences and office work.  The Brasil area Medical Doctor was here for conference.  Him and his wife( Elder and Sister Call)  are from Pleasent Grove, Utah and were really nice.  They gave good advice about being prepared always, physically, mentally, and spiritually.  I was getting to know the new area and lots of investigators all the nights which worked out well.  The difference that I see in this area than others is that this one is a lot more city life.  I live in the downtown part of Fortaleza with tones of buildings all around.  The ward is a little bit more different.  There are a lot of members active and have a lot of things to say to the missinoaries always.  The only way I can really describe it is that its more ´´classy´´.  There are a lot of families and a lot of people to meet .  I feel like the schedule is a lot more busy as well.  Members are usually gone working during the day and homes have now become 18 stories ´´high rises´´  Which is good for us since we plug along here in the office all day.  We are kinda of President´s ´´go-to´´ group.  We had a nice walk in the rain Friday night and a hot Saturday afternoon.  

As for Carinaval we didn´t have too much excitement.  Just some people running down the street and ran men dressed up like women.  I´m still confused on why its celebrated.  But from what I hear and have put together its basically like Mardi Gras.  Just a huge party for a few days.  In Fortaleza, its big but everyone usually just travels.  In Brazil, its the country the celebrates it the most.  Rio de Janeiro has the biggest celebration in the world.  But here in Fortaleza, we usually just keep our heads down walking down the street :) 

The things that I have learned here in the mission are more than what I would have expected.  I feel like I am growing everyday and there are the new adventure always around the corner.  I love this work.  I love the gospel and I am so grateful to be here.  The blessings are endless everyday and I feel like as I continue to move forward, I see the gospel as something real in my life.  Something more real that I can give, learn from, and be to everyone.  The Church is true.  I know that God lives and Christ is our Savior.  I know that these two years will make the difference in my life.  Just by seeing how it has made the difference in the first.  Yup thats right its right around the corner.  

Thanks for all your support everyone.  Write me :) I love you all and hope you have a good week.  

Love, 
Elder N. Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment