"Ask God to put you just where he wants you, and to tell you what he wants you to do, and feel that you are on hand to do it." I LOVE YOU ALL - SEE YA IN TWO!

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Elder Nick Makes It to Sao Paulo CTM

WELLLLLL! I am here! and man has it been a crazy week! I am excited to finally be here in the CTM but it has been a little wierd since the get go! I have my 30 minute limit but ill try and squeeze everything in here.      So we arrived in Sao Paulo at about 645 in morning on Wednesday after the immigration line and customs line (80minutes) we got all our bags and just went on Faith that someone would be at the sidewalk to get us.  We walked out of the doors and there was a little man with a sign that said ´´Lds Church Travel´´ it was kinda funny because then some lady comes grabs our passports walks away for about 5 minutes and then comes back and tells us all to go to the curb. So imagine 15 missionaries, jet lagged, in a country that no one has been to and then their expected to go out and get into some van haha it was ok though. We just decided that we would stick together.  After loading all the bagage we piled into a van which we were short one seat so an Elder ended up sitting on the floor.  It was basically a 15 passenger van.  So we take off down the freeway for an hour weeving in and out through traffic and finally get to the CTM.       We were greeted by the executive secritery that thank goodness spoke ENGLISH! After talking with him and his wife and being introduced to the CTM we were able to take showers and get cleaned up.  I slept most of the plane ride thankfully but I also had a Brazilian sleeping on my shoulder.  Of coarse i get the seat in the very middle of the plane.  It reminded me of the trip down to Chile though, the over night atmosphere, different language beeing spoken, and the nice dinner that they give you.  Dad they had STEAKS!  Anyways after the tour of the CTM I got my new comp.  His name is Elder Clift From Sac. California.  Becuase missionaries visas come at different times and it doesnt matter how long youve been in Provo. Your new comp could be the same ´´age´´, older, or younger.  Elder Clift is one week older than me so it works out just fine.  Our Portugues is about the same although I hit those flash cards hard the last few weeks so I had alot of words down.  We played basketball that night and it was really fun.  The brazilians are really funny when it comes to Basketch because they dont like to follow all the rules.  Jason Leland! I need you to get down here to help me teach the brazilians how to hoop US style haha.  However my district taught a bunch of them how to play ´´knock out´´. They love it! My new district is really cool! theres 2 from Salem and Medford and two from Washington.  And everyone Yet again! Sunday in Church I was called as District Leader.  When I was talking to the branch pres.  He said I feel like Im not saying anything new to you.  and all i could think about was saying is you are right President.   Well like is said this week has been busy so the next part of the email im just gonna jump around a bunch....  the Brazilians are awesome! they are all really nice and are just as eager to learn english as much as americanos wanting to learn portugues.  I guess you could say we have all learned the universal language of hand guesters haha.  I met about 15 brazilians going to FORTALEZA! and they were all excited about an americano going! Everytime I seem them around the CTM they come up to me and start talking and its just really fun! they all new a few words in English and there are about 5 elders that say that they really want to be comps with me in the field.  My teachers are cool Irmao Federico and Reboiah they both served in Brazil but are fluent in English.  However they want to learn more words too so I think we speak more English than Portugues in class.  My language has gone from 30 percent to about 70 percent since being here! I am always speaking to the brazileos at meals or any time i seem them.  They teach me as i teach them so it all equals out.  The food is good! Beans and rice and usually some sort of meet!  The fruit is even better! the Bananas are sooo good! I got a haircut on monday which doesnt look so bad the barber hardly spoke english so the universal language came into play.  However he did put about a 45 degree angle on my neck line so i had to do some fixing after words.  reminded me of the time when mom tried to cut my hair.  This place reminds of the CCM in chile! Its a high rise and in the middle of a busy neighborhood.  Its a little wierd.  Everyone from the US are all on the same floor so its nice not having to speak the language All the time.  However, i still like to sneak it in here and there.  I love you all and I am very greatful to be here FINALLY IN BRAZIL! WHOOT WHOOT! We went to the Campinas temple today for pday and it was sooooo cool look it up on LDS.org under temples its beautful.  I love this country and love the work.  Its picking up and becoming my life literally.  I am loosing myself faster than what i thought! Got your emails, sorry i couldnt respond, Missy post my new address online love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment