"Ask God to put you just where he wants you, and to tell you what he wants you to do, and feel that you are on hand to do it." I LOVE YOU ALL - SEE YA IN TWO!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Tuda Bem!

Hello Family! Well I have reached the 1 month mark as of Saturday hard to believe I know! Supposively there should have been in a letter in the mail for you with my address by i guess you haven´t gotten it yet!? desculpe! here it is.  there is no return on this keyboard so just ill put commas for the return.  Elder Nicholas Anderson, Brazil Fortaleza Mission, Brazil Mission Training Center, Rua Padres Antonio D´Angelo, 121 Casa Verde, 02516-040 Sao Paulo- SP, Brazil  there is is mail takes about 10 days from the US to here so if you send anthing do it soon or send it straight the mission home only 3 and halfs weeks to go! since im starting my 6th today! man how time flies when your staying busy but I know that what I doing is right and the Lord has a plan for all of us.  This week has been awesome, after the Email last week i went to dinner and i was there to greet Elder Sivertson.  Going from a MTC with 2000 missionaries to a MTC with 200 makes it alot easier to catch old friends! We greeted eachother with a huge hug and had tons to talk about.  Amazing how only a week goes and you can talk as much as we did! haha! Because last week there were 30ish missionaries that came into the MTC ´´americanos´´ have been taking over this place! its funny! The brazileros love it though!  We got 6 new members in our district but 3 already left for their missions yesterday and one leaves next Tuesday! The days with new missionaries is always fun for me because the freshest ones think Im brazilian so they try and speak it to me and I will carry on the convo for as long as I can and then so ´´Sorry Elder Im from oregon!´´ haha on Friday we contacted on the streets for the first time! it was soooo cool.  Elder Clift and I were given 5 Book of Mormons within our companionship, we get on a bus, and then they drove us to the busiest street in Sao  Paulo.  Its a business district that reminded me of NYC.  We got off  the bus and the leaders so ´´ok, have it´´ haha Elder Clift and I say a quick prayer and start talking to everyone we can.  We dicided to go into a park and see who we could talk to in there.  The park was so dense meaning that there were so many trees and stuff.  So the first person I contact I just say ´´Hi I´m a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints´´ Whats your name´´ all in portugues and so I am asking questions and the girl says ´´ um mumento, Voce Americano´´ and I say ´´yes´´ and she says ´´good cause I speak English´´  It was soooooo cool! I was like how lucky is that.  The rest of the contacts were good and everyone we talked to came away with a book of Morman or a better understanding of why two americans are speaking some sort of Portugues in Brazil haha.  Conference was soooo good! I enjoyed all the talks and felt that they all had a unique message.  I likes Niel Andersen´s during Priesthood and also Enjoyed Dallin Oaks and Boyd Packer´s.  All of us Americanos were stuck in one room watching in english thank goodness! There was about 50 of us and we all had a good time being able to understand the messages fully in our native language.  The weekend was watching conference, eating, watching conference, eating and you get the picture.  It was funny cause we had alot of free time so Elder Clift and I studied and took naps, which we were ALLOWED to do! suprisingly! We went to the Sao Paulo Temple today for Pday and it was just as awesome as the Campinas.  I am grateful for temples and all of the blessings that come from them!  I heard a good quote by James E. Faust this weeks ´´ There are two kinds of missionaries, ones that serve in Brazil, and ones the WISH they could have served in Brazil´´ How cool is that coming from him. ( a return missionary from brazil) Like everyone says those brazilians love their missions and I am doing just that! I love this country and I love the People! I am getting very close with all the missionaries esp. those going to FORATLEZA! whooo I love you family and i love you friends.  My skinny legs are just gettting going with the work but I can feel myself getting deeper immersed in it everyday. Love you all! Tuda Bem! Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment