"Ask God to put you just where he wants you, and to tell you what he wants you to do, and feel that you are on hand to do it." I LOVE YOU ALL - SEE YA IN TWO!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Happy Passcao means Happy Easter!

Oi Everyone!    This week has been busy but rewarding! The weather is really nice down here. Last Friday we hit 90s with the sun and all.  The Thunder storms have begun to calm down so Im a little sad haha.  Anyways like i said another busy weeks down South but everyday was Bom.  Last Friday, we had the chance to go Contacting again.  Same busy place in down SP but we had alot of success.  Speaking the language went very well,  It was a little crazy because i can tell how fast I can start putting sentences together and how fast Im picking up the words that everyone says.  We places 4 OLM (Book of Mormons) and talked with alot of people.  We did have a lady come up to us and just start going off about how everything we believed in was false and that our Church is all wrong.  Unfortunatly my comp and realized we only know how to say the uplifting things and that we could only respond with ´´the church is true´´ and ´´have a good day´´ haha I think we made her a little mad but sometimes you just have to walk away.  I have been teaching alot of English to the brazilerios this week.  Our first counselor told us that they all want to learn because of the World Cup in 2014 and the Olympics in 2016 in Rio.  He also said that this woulld be a good oppurtunity for because we could teach English in the communities.  A few more members of my Provo district made it down here and they let me know that our zone in Provo has only 20 people left.  When i got there, 70 missionaries were there!  This week was also a little crazy because   Our district got disolved because half of the Elders left for the field.  A few going to campinas, One going to Cuiaba and SP Interlagos.  It was a little crazy because of all the chances.  Our schedule got switched around and we ended up joing another district of Americans.  Everyone will leave about a week before me, including my comp, so ill most likely be placed in another district.  I have become a steady eater of rice and beans and all the food that they cook for us.  The food is really good and i come out of the cafe satisfied.  I met a few more missionaries this weeks from West Linn and Gresham.  It really has become the Northwest down here.  Everyone is either from NoCal, Oregon, or Washington with a few east coasters and utahans.  Those VISAS are really starting to come through which is just so awesome.  Missionaries from the US just come in every week now.  I studied alot about diligence this week and the importance that it should have through out the mission.  Its about being steady, consistant, and working till the end.  I need to be doing all i can for everyone i meet.  I wish i could write everyday with all the experiences that Ive been having but unfortunatly i cant.  Fun fact about the the CTM The water drains the opposite directions! I guess thats what it does in the southern hemisphere.  I love you all and I am grateful for this country! I love it here and im getting really excited for Fortaleza! Im still hearing great things about it! 2 weeks from yesterday i report! May 3rd! Hard to believe its almost been two months! I love you all! Elder Anderson        ´´Ask God to put you just where he wants you, and to tell you what he wants you to do, an feel that you are on hand to do it.´´  Brigham Young     ALMA 18:34-35   
Also! Happy Passcão! I love the Savior and his example for all of us! Love you !

No comments:

Post a Comment