"Ask God to put you just where he wants you, and to tell you what he wants you to do, and feel that you are on hand to do it." I LOVE YOU ALL - SEE YA IN TWO!

Sunday, June 26, 2011

June 20th

OLA! Tuda bem!? How is everything? Well the wind has picked up down here, so the heat is a little more bareble.  Although we still hit the 90 or more sometimes.  This week has been interesting to say the least.  Each day was different with a new struggle, a new reward and new person to teach.  Towards the beginning of the week it was really hard to catch our investigators at home.  It seemed like on both Terça and Quarta (Tuesday, Wednesday), everyone was sleeping, busy, or had left with 15 minutes that we got to their homes.  It was really hard because those days felt like no progression was made.  But, it became apparent to us that it was less actives and recent converts that we needed to focus on.  It hit us like a pile a bricks Wednesday afternoon. 
  There have been alot of struggles and difficulties in our ward.  Many because of gossip and rumors that are spread which start to tear the members apart.  Some days I feel like it is up to Elder Birdsall and Elder Anderson to save this ward from being dissolved.  To top it off someone has been breaking into our chapel recently.  The bust out the windows, take a hack saw and chop down the steal frames that are supposed to keep people out.  Turns out the frames, lost the fight.  Usually the robbers come him and still what ever they can get their hands on and do things as fast as possible.  Members get frustrated because they don't want to have to take responsibility in cleaning it up.  Then fingers get pointed and the hold thing goes up in flames.  We been doing a good job and keeping everyone afloat and saying that its only them that can take offense.  Of coarse its hard to talk with them atleast for me.  But I have noticed the recent progression in the language.
  Thursday, Friday and Saturday we hit language study hard.  Elder Birdsall quizes me on how to say something using the verbs that I learn.  I try and memorize about 10 a day. He quizes me especially on conjugating each verb the 6 different ways it can be conjugated.  Anyone want a verb conjugated in Imperfect Subjunctive form, How about Imperfect, Present, Preterit, Present Subjunctive, Future Subjunctive.  I can do it all.  Its funny how I have gotten to the point of hearing them all in the conversations.  It has actually made things alot easier now that I know the tense that they are using it in. I am hearing almost every single word from everyone.  But now its figuring out what they mean.  So I have also been writing down words like a mad man as well as busting out the portugues dictionary. 
  The good thing about talking with alot of members this week is that they always have something to give us to eat, drink, look at, or attend.  Seems like birthday parties are a big deal for whatever age.  Everyone is invited including the missionaries.  Usually we stop in just to wish whoever a Feliz Anniversario! Because everyone knows me as the missionary who loves cake they usually give me a big piece that I can hardly finish. That doesn´t do it though because Brazilian´s love giving seconds, thirds, fourths.  Again I feel like a bowling ball rolling about of houses.
  Saturday and Sunday we decided that knocking doors was the only way to get new investigators.  When I say ´´knocking´´ I actually mean clapping because Brazilians don´t actually have hard doors. Its mainly a gate of some kind.  I usually introduce us as missionaries and its fun to get the reaction first hand.  Last night we had a nice long hour conversation with a conspiracy theorist about religion, politics, and so forth.  He defiantly had a mouth full.  The drunk people still love us as missionaries.  We even got a few hugs from them. It seems like one of the ´´regulars´´ always finds us where ever we are.  His exact words are ´´You are all Crazy!´´  over and over.  He laughs at our shirts and ties but I think hes jealous because he does not have a shirt, sometimes he doesn´t even have pants on haha.
It seems like everyday is busy, which makes the days go by faster and faster.  I can still hardly believe that hear I am again writing another email to voces!  I really have settled in and I really love what I am doing.  The language is starting to pick up.  The people are interesting but good to talk to and I continue to count my blessings everyday.  May the Savior be in our thoughts always and continue to steer us in the direction that we need to live our lives.  Life is about struggles and smiles, as well as the mission.  I am starting to see that now. 
I love you all, hope the summer is starting off well. 
Elder Anderson
 
Isaiah 41:
9Thou whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, and called thee from the chief men thereof, and said unto thee, Thou art myaservant; I have chosen thee, and not cast thee away.
 10aFear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.9Thou whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, and called thee from the chief men thereof, and said unto thee, Thou art my aservant; I have chosen thee, and not cast thee away.

No comments:

Post a Comment