"Ask God to put you just where he wants you, and to tell you what he wants you to do, and feel that you are on hand to do it." I LOVE YOU ALL - SEE YA IN TWO!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

May 30th Letter


Oi Everyone!  So my comp and I were talking about how it really does seem like yesterday that we were emailing!  Time really is flying by down here so its impossible to think what it will feel like when months start to become years yikes!  Well this week was definatly hard and hot.  The winter months ( sounds wierd i know) are starting to role in meaning humidity and heat all day and night.  It was about 85 degrees everyday.  I´ll be honest in telling you all that the missionary tan is coming in quite nicely.  I have the sleeves, the watch and the neck line to prove it all.  Monday night there was another rain storm that came in and Elder Birdsall and I luckily were about a 25 minute walk from our casa.  Turns out running wouldnt have helped so we ended up sitting under a couple trees for about 15 minutes because we didnt have our umbrellas with us.  It was kinda funny because theres to men in ties basically hugging the trees to stay dry.  We had alot of funny experiences this week to.  For one we have a new district with alot of Americans which is pretty nice.  They asked me to stand introduce myself as did everyone and say a few things about myself.  I said who I was, Where i was from, how long I have been out, and ´´I have 5 sisters, 3 of which our married, 1 is engaged and 1 that has a boyfriend´´ alot of sighs came out. 
One of the days we were walking to our lunch appointment and some guy came out of the little river that runs through the area.  Turns out he was catching his lunch with his hands.  He may or may not have been drunk but either way it was very funny when he gave us a toothless grin.  He seemed very excited for the fish but i hope he knows that the river is used for the garbage flow as well as sewage mmmm sounds yummy.  We were also approached by a few new creatures.  BATS!  They come out around dusk and you can hear them all over the sky.  Its so scary because they fly right above your head and will sit on your backpack if your not moving.  I may or may not have let out a few yelps this week because of that. One night it was also interesting because we were walking, sweating our eye brows off when a car pulled up and asked if we wanted a ride.  They people opened the door and we thought they were members of the church.  Turns out they were´nt just a nice couple that said they see us  walking all the time and decided to pick us up and let us rest for once. What a blessing! So if you ever see missionaries walking on the street in the rain of blistering sun! pick them up!Elder Birdsall filled me in on something that really interested me this week.  Before the mission he was in can you guess it? High School Musical 3!  so i had my fair share of questions to ask.   From that point I began to sing all the songs for him in which he really did enjoy. 
This weekend was stake conference and we tried to get alot of investigators to go.  It was a little let down when only two showed up.  The best part was getting to the stake center.  On another ´´indiana jones´´ aka city bus that was rented out to only those going to conference.  I think we confused a few people when we would go to the bus stops.  We basically had to hold the hands of few investigators to get to the stake center because at first they weren´t planning on it until we said we would go with them.  Saturday night we were running all of trying to get them a ride and for us to get money for bus fare since the rented out bus was only for sunday.  We ended up getting them there just during the beginning.  I knew it would all work out because when were running around that night I saw an old man on his bike peddling up a hill listening to ´´i gotta a feeling´´ by black eyed peas.  I figured it was a sign haha.  This week just flew by and the days for even faster.
I continue to feel blessed for the experiences and blessing that have and will be recieved.  Unfortunatly we didnt have our baptism this week because of a few other things that we need to teach her.  So were crossing our fingers for next weekend.   I love you all and see myself growing alot.  I´ll hit my 3 month this week which is definatly hard to believe.  Remember to count your many blessing and also be grateful for the life that our Heavenly Father has given you.  If your not grateful maybe your doing something wrong.  Tuda Bem Family and Friends!
Elder Anderson  
´´And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;´´  I Tim 1:12

No comments:

Post a Comment