"Ask God to put you just where he wants you, and to tell you what he wants you to do, and feel that you are on hand to do it." I LOVE YOU ALL - SEE YA IN TWO!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

BOM DIA MORMONS!

Dearly Beloved!
What a week this has been! Many experiences that I don´t think I will ever forget.  It has been eventful and wonderful and I really am just excited more than ever about this work! It really and truly is amazing.

So Lets start from the beginning. 
I love Tuesdays!  They are just a good way to start off the week. District meetings are always a nice refresher.  A good way to set goals and be ´´on top of your game´´ for the week.  We were also reminded that this will be President Batt´s last week as the Brazil Fortaleza Mission President serving from 08-11.  Lots of missionaries are very sad as am I because he has done so much to bring this mission back.  After the meeting we were greeted by our lunch appointment. Turns out she was feeling sick so she handed us a fresh 20 real bill.  We decided that beans and rice were off the menu and pastels had hit a home run with us.  We like to make our own so we decided to use the money to go buy what every we wanted.  Usually ham and cheese are the filling but we decided to get creative.  Eggs, hash browns, Chicken Ketchup and Ice Cream!  It was an interesting lunch and our tummies were reminded later that day.  I was thinking it could have turned into another New York Pizza mishap!  :) Wednesday was most excellent.  Each teaching appointment went through and it was cloudy!  Not as hot so it was a nice 77 degrees haha.  The experience that night was teaching this 16 year old girl out side here house.  She said she didn't want to let us in, so she ended up standing on one side of the gate as we stood on the other and taught that way.  It was interesting.   
  I had an awesome experience with the language on Thursday! So E. Birdsall has started living some of lessons to finish them off.  So I have been studying like a mad man this week.  First we taught the first to a girl that has recently found an interest in the church.  As I was teaching I was thinking , ´´ I´m doing it! I am speaking this language.´´  I was doing fine all the way up until I was interrupted at the Restoration by this old lady.  She came in, and had a mouthful to say about religion.  She was going crazy and the beauty was I was understanding as well as getting her spit all over my face.  She was literally in my face.  When we tried to bring the lesson back, I was loosing it.  Not tears but laughing.  I honestly tried to hold it all in as long as I could but I started coughing and boom out came the laughter.  E. Birdsall was right with me.  So here we are, at the best part of the lesson, laughing our brains out.  E. Birdsall finished it off and we got out as fast as possible.  We must have made an impression because this girl later accepted our invitation to be baptized :D
Friday and Saturday were both super busy and everyone seemed to be very receptive.  Including a family of 8!  This was a reference which was just excellent.  The seemed to really like us and invited us to come back.  They have six kids ages 4-18.  We were very excited to put down 9 new investigators that night.  The cool thing was that the Dad told us he thought that was the first time he saw all his family all together. 
  It was an interesting Sunday.  Typical waking up and running through the routines.  We had the chance to pick up a few investigators and bring them to church.  Had a total of 8! I was doing fine up until, the first counselor asked me to speak in sacrament meeting.  I swear I said no in my mind but the words  ´´ Sim´´ slipped out.  So here I am, preparing a talk in a language that I am just barely getting grips on that needs to be ready in an 1 hour! Yikes!  I decided that speaking on the first thing that came to mind would be best, which was our Father in Heaven.  I was the last speaker chosen to speak for 15 minutes.  I was shaking in my pants up until I got up there.  I started off saying the I know I don't speak very well but I Know why I am here.  To be a Missionary.  The rest just seemed like a blur.  I just decided to open my mouth and see what would come out.  Turns out I know this language alot better than I sometimes give myself credit for.  I spoke for 15 on dot and didn´t feel nervous at all.  I used scriptures and my own thoughts and man! I was just excited to be up there talking.  I know I didn´t say everything right but!  I am grateful for the opportunity, truly a lesson that I learned full force. 

I love this work.  I love it everyday.  I love what I am doing and truly feel like I have learned more than I can write.  4 months this week! Incredible how that time has passed.  I love you all and miss you.  But I know this is where I am supposed to be.  This is my calling right now to be here teaching.  Tem um Boa Semana!  Eu Amo Voces! 

Love,
Elder Anderson
Romans 8: 16-17
16The Spirit itself beareth awitness with our bspirit, that we are the cchildren of God:
17And if children, then heirs; aheirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we bsuffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

No comments:

Post a Comment