"Ask God to put you just where he wants you, and to tell you what he wants you to do, and feel that you are on hand to do it." I LOVE YOU ALL - SEE YA IN TWO!

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas has arrived in the Elder's home!

So with all the festivities winding down from Thanksgiving I am pleased to annouce that I am finally accepting Christmas decorations here in Brasil.  Although they have been out since the beginning of October (I knod my head and say under my breath, brazilians)  So things are going well this week. 

I have begun singing many Christmas songs in english for my apartment.  No one understands but it makes it all worth it when I sing them in the shower and I here the pounds on the door and an Elder saying ´´What are you singing!´´  I cant really describe how the christmas songs are down here.  Jingle bells is completely different and I get the best reactions when we walk down the street and I sing Christmas songs in English.  Of coarse the people don´t understand and its a good way to start a contact. 

We have been on a hunt for a new apartment in our area.  We actually live about a 25 minute outside of our area and are trying to get one to the new church.  We found one that seemed reasonable and the guy kept saying who build it, ´´This is for Jesus, I didnt build it for me, I built it for Jesus´´  I couldn´t help but laugh everytime he said it.

This week was alot more busy for us.  We were trying to find a bunch of references that just never seemed to be home.  We are planning to do more Christmas things and hopefully it will keep us busy till the end of the trasnfer.  We did end up contacting a reference of a 19 year boy names João Henrique  last night.  The lesson went really well and he had tons of questions at the end.  The principle that there are people prepared and waiting was definatly reassured with me teaching this kid.   It was one of those lessons that you come out and the first thing you say is ´´He will be baptized´´. 

I am not exactly sure how this transfer will end.  I want to pass Christmas here but this will be my 3rd transfer here so I guess we will see.  This is the 5th week so a few more weeks until ´´the call´´.  Life just seems to keep busy.   We were in our ward council last night and I was thinking about how different things were when I got to the area.  I have seen this area grow alot and plan on finish the work that I came to do. 
Hope you all are healthy and well.  Love you, I pray for you and hope that you all send a little christmas cheer. 

Remember:  ´´The best way to spred Christmas cheer is to sing loud for all to hear´´   (name that movie)

Love you,

Elder N. Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment