"Ask God to put you just where he wants you, and to tell you what he wants you to do, and feel that you are on hand to do it." I LOVE YOU ALL - SEE YA IN TWO!

Saturday, December 31, 2011

FELIZ NATTTTAAALLL!!!

OI OI OI!   Feliz Natal to all!   So it was an interesting week of doing a lot of service projects!  but as the for the area.  We waited patiently Friday night until 10:15 to get the call.   We kept calling our District Leader and his same response was no.  For him he wasnt to worried because he was ending his mission today.   I was just about to fall asleep thinking we would have to wait til the morning when he called.  Elder Nabas and I are staying one more together in Expedicionários. This is my 4 transfer in this area and our third together as companions.   It was suprising to both of us.  We were certain that I was leaving but it all worked out in the end.   So I will pass Christmas here as well as New Years and MY BIRTHDAY.   This transfer will end on January 30 and I should be leaving the area by that time.  Elder Nabas and I are both excited and even more that one of the Elder´s in my house will be training.  I think it actually might be an american but who knows!  It would be nice to speak english since I am forgetting alot of it.

So speaking of english this week our district leader, Elder Willoughbe finished his mission.  His parents came down to pick him up and get a small tour of Fortaleza until they leave on Wednesday.  We did a division to help him get his parents at the airport on Saturday.   I stayed behind at the church with his companion as Elder Nabas and Willoughbe went to the airport.  I coached Elder Nabas on things to say and he said that they laughed at everything.  I taught him ´´I am a redneck´´  ´´ I love the United States´´  and ´´  Welcome to Brasil´´  He already knows a few other phrases so it was funny to let him go.  I couldn´t stand the fact of going to the airport just yet so I stayed behind.  Well his parents came to the church I think they were just so excited to talk to an american since they just kept going off about everything.  I was understanding everything but talking in english was difficult, I was sad.  I felt like random portuguese words kept jumping out of my mouth and his parents just laughed.  I played translator because Elder Willoughbe had to go pick up his baptisms.  It was fun, I actually liked translating for them and helping them out, explaining about Fortaleza and Brasil 

We had the transfer today so we went down to the church by the office to go say goodbye to a few missionaries.  Elder Birdsall, my trainer left, which was pretty cool to see him go.  He was excited and nervous.  I feel like it hasn´t actually been as long as it has been.  I remember the first day the me and Elder Birdsall met and how I was speaking portuguese with some difficulties.  Now, he is leaving and I am a fluent speaker.  Goodness how time is flying by.  He said that if he randomly shows up on the door step at home to not be suprised.  Whatever that means haha. 

So this week we helped with alot of service projects at the church and with some of the members.   We helped our Ward mission Leader make a movie for his going away party since he will be leaving this week for his mission in Macéio.   It was a little hard finding new people to teach but we plan on meeting our goals this week. 

This week we have a mission Christmas party on Wednesday and a Ward Party on Friday.  I am not actually sure what we will be doing on wednesday.  President hasn´t really said anything.  We are just supposed to be at a chapel on wednesday morning. I am excited to hear and talked to you all.  Well Family that is.  Hope you all have a Merry Christmas. 

I have been studing this week a lot about the signs of the Savior´s birth and how every Prophet profitized (I dont the word to put here in english)  about the reality of having a savior in the world.   I am grateful for this time of year to celebrate the birth and life of Jesus Christ.  The example that he has set for all of us to live, to be happy and to one day return to live with our Father in Heaven.  I have a lot to be grateful for but especially the mission, the things I have learned and how a lot of things have changed for me. I actually keep hearing the voice of Linus from Charlie Brown in my head, reciting the story of Christ´s birth. 

I love you all, Feliz Natal!  

Love,

Elder N. Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment