"Ask God to put you just where he wants you, and to tell you what he wants you to do, and feel that you are on hand to do it." I LOVE YOU ALL - SEE YA IN TWO!

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Elder Nick November 28th

So there is another baby on the way!  WHOOOO HOOO!!  Parábems Emily and Bretty and Avery!    :)  One more person to add to the ´´Welcome Home Nick´´ gang!  I am glad to here that everyone is doing well and SAFE!  Goodness! Kara give a missionary a heart attack why don´t you! 

This week went well.  We didn´t have anyone lined up for baptism this week so mainly our focus was on finding new investigators and continuing working with some old.  I have noticed that this area is really commercialized.  There are alot condos and apartments close to our chapel and everyone that we teach lives about a 15 minutes walk away.  15 minutes goes along way with the heat.  We are probably going to do a lot more street contacts this week and help the ward give references.  It is interesting how just a few little words form the missionaries opens up the doors to references.  Remember everyone REFERENCES are the best way to help your missionaries. 

I have been thinking alot about what we can do for a ´´Christmas message´´ in this ward and we will probably do a ´´secret Santa´´ for some of the members here.  Kinda like our annual 12 days of Christmas think that we did.  For the record Santa´s name in portugues is ´´papa noel´´  thats spelled finetically. 

Thanksgiving was good here.  I asked everyone we talked to if they had turkey for me and the only reply was ´´Por que?´´´ (Why?)  I had to explain why thanksgiving was and everyone had the same reply ´´Is that the holiday that you celebrate for killing the indians?´´ It was a great thanksgiving to say the least.  I figured I have to sacrifice two in my life so I figured I should do it in another country.  For the record, I did pie some pie.  YUMMM...

It was a pretty slow weekend for the most part.  We kept trying to contact our investigators but it seemed like everyone was out of down, go figure on thanksgiving weekend.   We ended the week with plans to finish the trasfer strong.  We are starting the last half of the transfer today.  Hope you are all doing well, staying safe, and thinking about the little brazilian missionary. 

I love you all and pray for daily.  Happy December this week.  :)

Love,

Elder N. Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment