"Ask God to put you just where he wants you, and to tell you what he wants you to do, and feel that you are on hand to do it." I LOVE YOU ALL - SEE YA IN TWO!

Sunday, February 5, 2012

100 Percent Better

I was thinking about a lot of things since last Monday about how I wanted this last week to be a lot better.  We had to plans and goals to make it that way.  It was interesting how everything for us changed compeletly  this last week.  It was 100 percent better.  On Tuesday we another division with a few Elders in our district.  I worked with Elder Conseção an Elder that has been out for a little over a year and is from Belém (Bethlehem in Portuguese haha)  He kinda looks like a Native American and everyone calls him an Indian.  I had a lot of fun asking him a lot of questions about his city and what its like.  Sounds like this city is completely different than here.  I have learned that culture in Brasil is crazy.  There is so much!  Every city or region of the country is different.  Kinda like that U.S.  For most of the week it was normal.  Elder Nabas and I were deteremind to have a better week of teaching.  We taught a lot of people our age which made it nice.  I always feel like it its cool to teach people our age because I can relate to them more.  We taught 3 14-year old boys that had tons of questions about being a missionary.  It made it even better when I asked one of the kids ´´who was Jesus Christ?´´ his response ´´That guy who killed himself for us´´  Not exactly the response that I was looking for or had ever heard in my life but I had a good laugh when we left the house. Sometimes it seems easier to teach kids around the same age or younger.  I know what they are thinking because I was that age at one time also.  We were running behind (portuguese phrase)  a baptism that didn´t go throught unfortunatly.  The people went out of town on Friday which was kind of a bummer.  This week was way better.  Filled with funny little experience that make the mission fun, hard,and rewarding.  Friday I had another interview with President.  When I sat down in the chair, he was just looking at me for what I thought was 10 minutes.  We had a good chat about how for me the mission will probably be a lot different for me after this transfer.  I will most likely leave this area and not exactly sure where I will go.  I was trying to look for little hints from President but couldn´t tell. Sometimes its harder in portuguese haha.  President had a good amount of questions about family, liking the mission, and how it is all going to make the  difference in my life and those that are in my life.  I came away from the interview a excited and ready for another adventure.  I plan to just finish the next two weeks strong and do my best, in the end thats what matters most right?I saw  a newspaper with the weather reports.  Turns out that its raining everywhere else in Brasil with flooding except the southern most parts and NorthEast aka Fortaleza, go figure.  It is still plenty hot everyday and I still sweat a good ton.  I am ready for the ´´rainy season´´. I can see how the mission has made the difference in my life as of now.  I see how there has been a lot of change and how I feel like now I am ready to face more oppurtunities with a head held up high.  I am grateful for this place, the people and every experiece I have had.  I am grateful to know that we have a savior, named Jesus Christ.  One who SACRIFICED his life willingly for all of us.  I know that God lives and he loves all of us.  I hope you are doing well this week. 

Have a good week, Love you all!

Elder N. Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment