"Ask God to put you just where he wants you, and to tell you what he wants you to do, and feel that you are on hand to do it." I LOVE YOU ALL - SEE YA IN TWO!

Sunday, February 19, 2012

And so it begins...2/6

OI Bom Dia to all! So this week has absolutely be hecktic (I think thats how you spell it).  I´ll have to start from the beginning to really describe it all so lets start after I sent my email to all you all last week.  It was about 5 o´clock last Monday afternoon and we were just fininshing up a few things in the office before heading back to the area.  My first of assignment of the new transfer was being called as Reference Sec. of the Mission.  I was staying in the area for my 5th trasfer with my new companion Elder Reynolds.   Everything was set for the transfer until we recieved and email that another missionary was arriving in the mission on Wednesday.  This usually throws everyone through a loop because right after the transfer is set they have to move a bunch of things around to make room for the new missionary.  President gave us a call and told us that there would be some changes in the transfer for us.  Elder Reynolds was going to train in Expedicionarios and I was coming to the office to work full-time.  I explained it a little bit but the plan was that I would work in the office part time and in the area the other.  But things got switched and everything changed.  I talked to President on the phone about the area and he said that we needed to go the area, introduce Elder Reynolds to the members and show the entire area to him until Wednesday afternoon and then be at the office to get Elder Reynolds new comp.  Me and Elder Reynolds were kinda bumbed because we really wanted to be comps and were looking forward to a good transfer together.  We raced home, walked into the house and then went to go meet members and investigators.  I started to say goodbye to a lot of people which was kinda sad. Tuesday I started the strenious packing.   I was doing laundry, throwing things into the suit cases and already to go at about 3 o´clock on Tuesday.  Our plan was to go meet and say goodbye to more investigators, members, and show  the area a little bit more.  My suit cases were at the door just waiting for me.  I did a pretty good about packing fast.   When we were walking down the street our phone started ringing and geuss who it was... President. His exact words were, there seems to be a mix up and there will not be a transfer after all. I was a little shocked as well as Elder Reynolds.   President said that I would still continue as Seceretary and continue to work with Elder Reynolds in Expedicionarios.  It was an interesting few days after that.  We just continue to work and try to pretend like nothing happened.  Even though I still find myself trying to find things in my packed suit cases.My old companion, Elder Graff got sick a few weeks ago and ended up having to go home for surgery this week.   It was a little sad since he only have one more transfer left but I talked to him and said that he just had this feeling that he had to go home before anything got worse.  We got permission to go to the airport to say goodbye.  Elder Graff trained Elder Reynolds and we were comps for a transfer so it was cool to go say goodbye to him.  It seems weird that he went home just because it was something that happened so fast.  Between making alot of trips to the office this week we had a good week.  Elder Reynolds and I working really well together, I see things in him that remind me of Elder Graff and it just seems like we started off as good friends right from the start.  We are having a good time getting to know each other and finding alot of great people to teach.  We were rally excited to stick together this transfer and look forward to coming to the office more often.  So as for the seceretary position, so I am the Reference Seceretary of the mission.  If anyone has a reference or referral (as we say in the states) they usually pass it to me and I will put it in the computer and find out were it is.  President wants a new program of passing references so it was busy trying to get new things going this week.  I have gotten references for other missions in Brasil as well as references for the Rome Italy Mission and California Los Angeles Mission.   Its pretty fun when you get to call and pass those ´´international´´ ones along.  I like sticking around in the office, getting to know President better and helping out with the alot of the Mission stuff.  I am working a lot closer with President Souza and figuring out a lot things on Microsoft Excel, lds.org, googlemaps, etc.  I have a nice Air Conditionar right next to me which keeps things a little cooler.  The mission office is a sky rise building that has a great few of Fortaleza. Today,  we helped clean up the mission home and made some good mexican food.  I yiyiyi its been a long time :) Things will definatly be staying busy every week, there might be a little less walking but we keep pushing forward in are own area and in the office.  I hope you are all having a good week.  The church is so true where ever you are, the work of the Lord will always continue to go forward.  I hope you are all having a good week.  Congrats on the news to Alicia with the Baby and Emily having a BOY! YEAH!  Just remember Uncle Nick in the name choosing :) 

Have a good week to all.  I love you!

Elder N. Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment