"Ask God to put you just where he wants you, and to tell you what he wants you to do, and feel that you are on hand to do it." I LOVE YOU ALL - SEE YA IN TWO!

Sunday, February 5, 2012

5 Transfers in the area

Pictures:
Elder Loureiro, Elder Howland, Elder N. Anderson ... Seceretaries of the Mission

My new Companion, Elder Reynolds from Toppenish, Washington (close to Yakima)

Look who turned 20, yes I made my own cake

Montese Zone, this last transfer

Video of my Companion, yeah thats right MY companion a movie star!..

https://www.lds.org/youth/video/six-brothers?lang=eng

So lets start with it all, that I am staying the area.  Yes, when I finish this next transfer (March 12) I will have passed 7 months in the area (Good night nurse). I am actually pretty content with it all.  I wasn´t sad that I was leaving nor that I was staying nor did I have to pack my suit cases which is always nice.  I was actually a little shocked with the phone call and had to have our zone leader read it again and again to me of what was going to happen.  But its all good I will start with it all...Elder Nabas and I worked hard this week finding new people and working with Cristano some more.  I was thinking alot walking down a lot of the streets, ´´I can´t believe that I will leave´´.  I was probably only jinxing myself.  Elder Nabas was telling most members and investigators that I was leaving so the goodbyes started early.  It was funny week.  We taught alot of good people and I made new friends with a drunk man that knows my name, where I am from, and my birthday,  he seemed to memorize things alot faster.  Up until Thursday during the week it was pretty uneventful.  Thursday nights usually means the night when President Souza calls the missionaries to let them know that they will train or have another leadership oppurtunity in the mission.  We weren´t expecting anything to big or anything just playing it by ear.  I was still in the zone of leaving the area.  When we were walking down to our weekly ward activity we had our cell phone and the call came in.  Elder Nabas was talking and just kept saying ´´Uh huh, ok, great, thanks President´´ it was funny because he looked like he was about to fall over.  When I heard ´´Tchau´´  I figured it was over.  But Elder Nabas passed the phone to me ´´He wants to talk to you Elder.´´  I was laughing a little bit and had to look at the phone about 3 times.  I talked with President for about 1 minute and all I heard was ´´Hello Elder N. Anderson, how are you, are you happy, are you doing well?. . .Elder, I would like to call you as Seceretary of References of the Mission.´´  I started laughing a little bit and President just says ´´Elder why are you laughing?´´  I kinda froze and just said that I laugh when I am happy.  President had a nice laugh and said goodbye.  From that point Elder Nabas was called to open an Area and train.  I was called as Seceratary and I would stay in Expedicionários.  I will probably have a more busy schedule than I thought.  I will work in the area about 4 days a week and in the office 2 days.  I am pretty excited, I worked with Elder Howland (SLC, Utah) in the same district a few transfers back and Elder Loureiro is from my group (Fluent English Speaker from São Paulo).  My new companion as well is Elder Reynolds from Washington.  He has been out for 6 months and we met a few transfers back.  He was actually trained by Elder Graff my first companion here in Expedicionários.  We were good friends from the get go when I met him.  So it makes things more exciting for the transfer.  As for my birthday I had a suprise party waiting for at a members house and another party at another members house.  Lots of cake and lots of funny people wishing me a happy birthday.  There was also lots of cake and lots of funny little things that made the day good.  It will be a lot more busy and alot more work this transfer, but I am excited.  I was thinking about a few more goals that I have for this transfer and how things will definatly be different.  This transfer I will be expecting my one year mark (YEAH!), carnival, and a lot of laughs along the way.  I have recently learned the importance of sincere prayer and always doing something better to help yourself grow. 

I love you all, have a good week.

Elder N. Anderson 

No comments:

Post a Comment