"Ask God to put you just where he wants you, and to tell you what he wants you to do, and feel that you are on hand to do it." I LOVE YOU ALL - SEE YA IN TWO!

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Jan. 22, 2012 With Pictures

Jan. 22, 2012 With Pictures

Pictures:

Just a another goofy smile.

Elder H. Silva, another Elder in My district getting ready for his baptism.

Baptism of Cristiano, Sunday Jan. 22 2012

Hello to all!

So I attached some pictures for you all to see from our baptism last night.  This week was one that I will look back on after the mission and think ´´Whoa, I can´t believe that happend.´´  It was a long, hard working week that was well worth a journal entry ;) Starting this last week, we planned on visiting Cristiano everyday.  He is a boyfriend of a member who just started coming back to church at the beginning of the new year.  He is 25 and had a few questions about the church, up until he he went last week.  We talked about getting a response from going to church and he said he had one, when we went to talk with him on Tuesday.  We asked him what he thought and he said there was something different about the church.  He said he had a feeling of being comfortable the minute he walked in.   We left a few things for him to read in the Book of Mormon and he read them all on Tuesday night.  The rest of the week was teaching and preparing him for baptism.  We asked him what he thought about a baptism this week and his response was excellent.  ´´I know I can´t learn everything, but I am willing to do this, because I know its true.´´  I was a good experience teaching him and learning more about him.  If this was the only miracle of this transfer then I would be satisfied with it.  I talked with our Zone Leader´s and they said that he just flew through the interview.  He knew everything and we prepared.  Sunday we announced the baptism and we had a lot of people excited to come.  He will be confirmed this week.  There is always something special about doing the ordinance.  The first reaction when you lift them out of the water and the huge smile that comes across their face.  I think Cristano had a good smile because the water was nice and brisk.  As for me, I am doing really good.  It was a little rainy this week during the mornings which made the afternoons nice, hot, and humid.   I was sweating machine.  I look back on this week and see how it was all worth it to work with Cristiano.  The little time that I knew him but the fact that he trusted us right away.  This is the last week of the transfer.  Thats right 5 of 6 weeks came and gone already.  I will probably be transfered. I am 98% that I will leave and head to another area.  I am not sure if I will stay here in Fortaleza or head to another city more on the coast or interior.  We will get the phone call on Friday night and head to the transfer a week from today.  This is my 5th month in the area and President made it sound like I would be leaving.  As for age, yes thats right the big 20! this SATURDAY!    I was thinking if 40 means ´´over the hill´´ then what does 20 mean, half way up?  I asked my companion and he said ´´Whats over the hill?´´  I geuss its only a phrase in english. haha.  I have told a few people that its my birthday but I am not planning on doing anything to big, probably just light some fireworks or something ;)  I have seen the difference that the mission has made in one year.  How the first 20 years were all about growing, and these two (practically one) are to use everything I have ever learned to change the lives of others.  I am grateful for this year and I geuss just another to go.   I know that this work is true, that lives are blessed everyday from the missionaries that leave their normal lives to bless those of others.

Hope you are all doing well, have a good day!

Love,

Elder N. Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment