"Ask God to put you just where he wants you, and to tell you what he wants you to do, and feel that you are on hand to do it." I LOVE YOU ALL - SEE YA IN TWO!

Sunday, May 1, 2011

"Sometimes you have to take a walk through Gethsemane before you reach Salvation"

My new address as of next week is Brazil Fortaleza Mission, Av. Santos Dumont, 1789-sala 1612, 60150-160 Aldeota- Fortaleza - CE Brazil!



Oi! Family!   Well this week has been way busy! and its hard to believe that I hit my 9th week mark today! Time is not the essence anymore.  Its all about the work! Which is why i believe its going so fast! Can you believe next tuesday, Im getting on a play to head North! FORTALEZA! HERE I COME! Im very very excited because mostly I feel like I have prepared well.  Not just in the MTC/CTM but also before the mission! Every night i go to bed thinking that its one less night in the CTM and I am that much closer to the field! I cant wait!   So last friday I ended up getting a cold because everyone was getting sick here! go figure that I get it when your pretty my stuck instead all day everyday.  However, the cold ended up working to my advantage!   I guess the sicker you are the better you are at speaking the language! Crazy!  Portugues has alot of nazily? sounds so it helps when you have a stuffy nose.  I had someone convinced i has a native for about 2 days! Sunday I had the oppurturnity to speak in church to my branch.  Usuaully you have no advance warning.  Everyone prepares a talk and when you walk into sacrement meeting, either your name is called or not.  My last regular sunday and I get called! It went very well thought.  I spoke on Hope and Faith.  Two things that I have been studying and thinking about alot since October when I got my call.  I have officially become the Grandpa of the CTM according to brazilerios.  I have been here so long i have seen 3 groups of missionaries come and go.  I have also been learning how to sing the Brazilian National anthem.  Look it up on youtube.  its insane! We got word on sunday night that this week and next the CTM can be expecting up to 350 plus, missionaries entering.  Its the most theyve had in here in over 3 years! The blessings of beening one to train here! There is a brazilian mission prez conference in Campinas this week and Elder Andersen of the twelve apostles is training them along with Elder Hollstrom of the presidency of the 70.  This Friday we get the oppurtunity to have both of them come and speak for a special Fireside! WHOOP! and guess who gets to play the piano for them? yes thats right! me! ELDER ANDERSON! Im pretty excited.  I have called to serve and ill go where you want me to go on the playlist :)  Easter was good we got alot of candy from the American senior sisters and cupcakes and cake! Something that i have really missed! It was a good sunday to speak on because of the resurrection and the influence that I have seen it been in my life since learning all I can about it.  I am excited for Fortaleza next week! Ill be the only american and missionary going.  I guess my report day (march 2nd) was acutally supposed to be in February so Ill be going in 3 weeks into the transfer not sure what is gonna happen but it will all work out! I know it! Kara Ill probably look like a little lost puppy walking throught the brazilian airports :) Emily Meldrum I got your letter today thanks! to you and brett! I am thankful for all the many blessings and for the sacrifice I have from all of you! I love you all and continue to pray for all of you in my life! Tuda Bem friends and family! Until Foratleza - Elder Anderson   ´´Sometimes you have to take a walk through Gethsemane before you reach Salvation´´  Jeffrey R. Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment