"Ask God to put you just where he wants you, and to tell you what he wants you to do, and feel that you are on hand to do it." I LOVE YOU ALL - SEE YA IN TWO!

Friday, May 20, 2011


Dear Familia -
Well I am seeing the difficulties of the mission.  Everything is good other than this crazy language!  Sometimes I feel like I am getting it and going strong and others I just cant figure out what these Brazilians are saying.  Its interesting how I have figured out its the Lord´s way of keeping me humble :)  As far as the rest of the week I am finally figuring out how to be an inflield missionary. 
   My comp and I have decided that we are always in training. whether we know it or not.  Its all apart of each of us trying to be better and each and every day.  Sometimes we have the benefit of going to places (MTC) to speed that up but for the most part its all on our own.  Its interesting the perspective I am finding as I continue to think about life as a missionary.
   We met some very interesting people this week.  They all had a story to tell us about missionaries so it was very funny to listen.  This one guy, Im pretty sure he was ´´under the influence´´ came up to us and said ´´Hey! you´re americanos right!´´ and of coarse we said yes and he just started rambling about how if the world is under distress ´´hes on our side´´ and so on.  Its funny how he just have this title of being the Americans in white shirts.  I am really enjoy the heads that turn when people see to young men in white shirts and ties walking down the street in 80 degree weather.  They have the wierdest look and eventually ask us what were doing so we grasp on to the oppurtunities. I have begun to carry my photo albums with me everywhere because members are always asking for pictures of the family.  They really enjoy the picutres of the nieces and that one of dad from the homecoming game.  They say that I have a beautiful family and should be thankful as I am.  The rain season has really set in.  It rains about once a day but its still very warm.  A couple of times we got caught in the storm on our way home one night.  So thats where the picture comes from of me looking like a soggy wet missionary haha.  Most of our investigators are progressing everyday.  We are getting alot of good commitments out of them and they seem alot more happy when they realize the change.  Its one thing us to see it, but its evern better when they recognize it. 
   I am giving all that I can into what I have invested myself in.  The days really are long and hot so the nice cold shower at night feels good.  Yes, if you wondering the idea of a water HEATER doesnt exsist here in Fortaleza.  I feel myself becoming a better missionary everyday as I try and put my own spin on what we are teaching.  Like I said its difficult if my words are jumbled but the people smile and thank me for the effort. 
   While walking next to the roaring busses and motorcylces I was thinking of this, this week that sometimes, we watch life go by and try to get everything done as fast as possiblie. We miss the oppurtunities to live it. 

I love you all and I am grateful to be here.  Remember not send anything to the CTM anymore (dearelders or missionties)
Love Elder Anderson

Hope you enjoy the pictures!





No comments:

Post a Comment