"Ask God to put you just where he wants you, and to tell you what he wants you to do, and feel that you are on hand to do it." I LOVE YOU ALL - SEE YA IN TWO!

Monday, May 9, 2011

We got to see Nick on Mother's Day...well thanks to Skype!

Well I guess its been a eventful week to say the least, but I am glad I got to talk with all of you yesterday.  Thank goodness for skype and the world of advance technilogical advancement :)   Missy and Jason Congrats to you! I figured it would have happened eventually Im glad that I got to hear it the day after rather than a week or 6 haha! It crazy how time is moving and I am sure by the time I talk to you next Ill see all the changes.  Especially in the Sobrinas (nieces). 
 
So I guess this week was all about getting adjusted and really trying to figure out everthing.  Life as a missionary has really set in.  Life as a brazilian missionary that is.  I am being trained by an American who thankfully of coarse speaks English.  I guess that phrase ´´That isnt the language they taught me in the MTC´´ is no doubt about it true!   Life of coarse right now is about disifering words and becomeing more and more adjusted to brazilian culture.  Which consists of battling cocroches and spiders.   Listening to the neighbors blast  loud brazilian music and really just figuring out how I am really going to learn this language.  Drunk people really love the missionary.  I had my first run in with one on Saturday and my comp says that its all natural.  They love trying to say things and it doesnt help that they are completly incoheirent.   Im thinking about practicing on them with my language.  We will see how that goes.  Last night we were at a members hows setting some cools with him and told us that it was his birthday today.  I asked if he was excited.  But I guess I said are you German? It interesting how the slightest thing can come out so wrong.  I have learned to laugh at all my mistakes and really just invest in of trying to pick this accent.  The more North you are in Brazil the thicker the accent.  It really is like they are speaking another language.  My comp has been out for over a year and he says it will take about 6 months from the time you entered the MTC to your six month mark.  So Missy if you do get married in September on my six month mark Ill hopefully be fluent.  Just pray for me! haha.  It so unbelievably hot its not even funny.  Its only the fall so I can only imagine what summer is like.  Its 80 to 90 degrees everyday and I have become accustomed to sweating all the time all day.  Wheres those blotting clothes when you need them.  Today we cleaned our apartment and relaxed for the most part.  Working from 11 to 9 - days a week can be very tiring.  I do not sleep in a hammick but every apartment/house/cardboard box what ever you live in, is equiped with hammick hooks in your house.  So Ill probably be investing in that real soon.  My mattress feels like its been used for the last 30 years.  After my days I come home exhausted but really feel ready for the next when I wake up. 
 
I know that this is where I am supposed to be and I have been called here for a reason.  I have been specially chosed to be a represtative of Jesus Christ in Fortaleza.  Last week I said I have been waiting 7 months to come here but in all reality I have been waiting my whole life.  Its an awesome feeling.  I love you all and I am thankful for your thoughts and prayers.  Tuda Bem Familia e Amigos. 
 
Elder Anderson
 
My address to see my apt for google is:   Do NOT send anything to this though!
 
Rua Tenente Queiroz
#900 apt. D
Antonio Bezerra, Fortaleza- CE
Brazil

No comments:

Post a Comment