"Ask God to put you just where he wants you, and to tell you what he wants you to do, and feel that you are on hand to do it." I LOVE YOU ALL - SEE YA IN TWO!

Sunday, May 29, 2011

OLAAAAAA, family and friends!    From nice and sunny 85 degree Fortaleza!  So I learned something new about this city everyday the sun comes up at 6 and sets at 6 that never changes! EVER!   other than that.  It was a very good week this week! Lots of work, lots of sweat, lots of walking, and lots of people being blessed. 
To start we have a baptism scheduled for this weekend. WHOOP #1.  We´ve been working with Joelma for about 3 weeks and all last week we were trying to commit her.  She kept having doubts but on Friday she came to us and said that she has this feeling that if she doesnt she will be making a big mistake! When she said Yes! I jumped up and started saying somethings in English! Of coarse she gave me this funny look and all I could think of saying in Portugues was ´´Padabens!´´  (Congrats).  Definatly the highlight of the week.  Theres another couple that weve been working with and they said after they get married, which is in a couple semanas,  they too would like to get baptized.  Its all about the blessing that people start to recognize in thier lives and how changes really do affect whoe they are destined to be.  I have started to really invest in the work and figure the language will come when it does.  Just be patient and work my tail off. 
That language is still a little difficult but I have officially started to dream in Portugues! Which is the weirdest experience ever!  My accent has also started to change to so thats also a funny thing. 
This week in Ceara (State of Fortaleza) the state team will be playing in the Cupo do Brasil.  So everyone is going crazy.  Saturday night we were approached by a few too many drunks that always have the best things to say to us. The average wardrobe for a fortalezan man is   boardshirts, no shirt, baseball hat, flip flops - from all ages.  Theres a bird down the street that I wake up to every morning.  Not because its chirrping but because its singing.  Yes, it talks and sings all the TIME! I feel like teaching it the first lesson that way it ramble of something worth hearing! Saturday I was approached by two large dogs! That scared me inside out! They litterally almost jumped over the fence and bit my head off so I gave the famous scream and ran across the street my comp. just laughed and said he wanted to hear it again. Which he did last night when I walked inside and there was a 8 inch lizard crawling up our wall! Now that scared me!!
The scariest of all things is that yesterday at church. I almost gave a talk! keyword there was almost!  The 1st Couns. approached me 15 minutes til the meeting and asked if i would speak.  Of coarse I didnt know what he said so I said yes.  Then my comp translated and i think my heart skipped a beat.  Turns out though that the speaker showed up so I really did dodge a bullet on that one!
Other than that this week went well and E. Birdsall (Mom he is from West Jordan Utah) and I will be sticking it to the man this week.  We found out we will be together for 6 more weeks so we decided last night during our weekly planning that its time we make Ipanema (our area) the best in the mission.  Starting with breaking some records.  So long days here I come :)
´´I am a man and am thy servant; therefore, whatsoever thou desirest which is right, that will I do.´´  Alma 18:17
Love you all! I thank you for the prayers and support.  Remember to write your missionaries :) JOEY PEACOCK YOU HAVE HEREBY BEEN CALLED TO THE BRAZIL FORATLEZA MISSION! I´m calling it now! Have a good week! Tuda bem!
Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment