"Ask God to put you just where he wants you, and to tell you what he wants you to do, and feel that you are on hand to do it." I LOVE YOU ALL - SEE YA IN TWO!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

7/11/11 Boa Tarde!

Good Afternoon All!   

We finished that last week of the Transfer this last week.  Saturday night we got the phone call that Elder Birdsall and I will be together for another Transfer. I almost positive that I will be here through my 6 month mark, but Tuda Bem! I really like this area alot, I guess I don't have a whole lot to compare it too, but I am really loving it out here.  

  So this last week seemed like we were running all over the place just trying to visit everyone.  We work in 3 barros (neighborhoods) Which have a 15-20minute walk to each.  Its interesting how fast our little legs can move when we have an appointment at one end of the area and the next at the other end.  We have been making alot of progress with that family that I talked about a couple weeks ago, the one with 7 kids! We are gearing up to baptize them this transfer.  The have no problems with the church and feel comfortable with us teaching them.  They even went to go by church clothes last week so that they can be ´´prepared´´ for this coming Sunday.  We have been teaching this little boy named Marcelo the last couple weeks and he told us that he wants to get baptized this coming weekend.  He is 11, so we are very excited for him.  The main focus was going through our area book this week.  Finding people that have had a few lessons but did not progress as fast as other Elders and Sisters would have liked.  It amazing how these people are now ready to be taught.  We found a young guy that had been wondering if missionaries would ever come back, because he feels ready now for the Gospel.  When we were teaching him, he stopped in the middle of his sentence, looked right at me and says, Elder Anderson I think I have met you before.  I had this weird look on my face according to my Comp. All I said was I don´t think so, I have only been here for 2 months. He said No,  I really do think I have met you.  Not sure entirely, if we have met but I we felt like it was alot different after he said that.  Kind of like I was talking to a friend more than an Investigator.  
  
  One of the Highlights this week has to do with Nike! After lunch we were walking home and this guy road up on his motorcycle.  He started off by saying that He had a few questions and it finally got to the point that he was a inactive member that had been trying to get back to church for awhile.  Turns out that one day he saw walking past his house one our way to get haircuts and he saw my Nike shoes and Shorts and according to him that was the ice breaker.  We ended up going to his house for a little bit just getting to know him and he said when he saw that I was wearing Nike he knew that we were good guys.  So for all those of you that made fun of me for having a bunch of shoes! They finally came in handy!  

I have officially become ´´Elder N. Anderson´´ out here in the Brazil Fortaleza Mission.  There are of course two Elder Anderson's and because I got here second I had to change my name.  So with a new name tag that arrived last week.  This is now coming from Elder N. Anderson.  I have begun wearing that tag though because there is a game going around with some of the members trying to guess my first name.  The weather wasn´t completely hot the entire week.  The was a couple nights with some Storms so it cooled off a little.  When I say cool I mean it was just windy and still 85 degrees.  We ended the week on Saturday night with Festa Junina.  Which is a big party they have every year around this time.  I reminded me alot of the rose festival back in Portland so I guess thats a good thing to compare it to.  It was a fantastic week to say the least.  Nothing is like this work.  It changes my life's perspective. I love it, everyday is new adventure and everyday is another day that I am excited to be a missionary.  
 Have a good week all! I love you! Tuda Bem!

Love, Elder N. Anderson 

Pictures
Zona Litoral 
My Mininos
Just two Elders Keeping the rules
Cicero, Elder Birdsall, Diego, Edwardo, Me
´´Thou shalt not commit adultery´´ For those of you who have seen The Best Two Years.

No comments:

Post a Comment