"Ask God to put you just where he wants you, and to tell you what he wants you to do, and feel that you are on hand to do it." I LOVE YOU ALL - SEE YA IN TWO!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

I wake up thinking in Portugues!

Dear Friends and Family!  

  How is everyone doing this week!  I woke up this morning thinking in Portugues which was super weird to me.  I was thinking about church yesterday but it was all in Portugues so I grabbed my book that I have been reading (Marvalous Work and Wonder)  started to read it because I was confusing myself.  Elder Boehm and I started off a little rocky.  It was a little difficult trying to communicate and make it all work but as the week progressed it got a lot better and I could see the dramatic improvement.  He has been teaching me a lot about the south of Brazil and it is pretty cool see the similarities and difference with the US.  

  As every new missionary, he wanted to learn the area alot so I was showing him around through out appointments.  We stopped by a lot the ward leadership houses and members.   It was a little funny because I was trying to think of where everyone had lived.  I was basically playing Senior comp for the first few days.  He has a funny personality and I think this transfer with be a ``learning experience``.  It was a little difficult speaking about regular things but when teaching lessons we were defiantly speaking the same language.  I could tell my teaching has improved a lot and even Elder Boehm was confused of how many months I had on the mission (6 month mark is coming up, YEAH!)  We taught a lot of new investigators this week and have been working with all of the old ones E. Birdsall and I were working with. Most of our news are around 16-19 years old so it is cool to talk with them and relate to them a little bit better.  Elder Boehm is 23 so he feels like an old man.  We had 6 at church yesterday which was really awesome.

  I have become the only piano player in the ward and I am the only piano teacher.  I teach the music class every tuesday night and Saturday afternoon.  It is going well there is still a lot of people that show up and I have been getting a lot of help from them with trying to explain things to them.  Everyone seems like they really want to learn to play so it keeps me going with teaching them.  

  On Friday, we went into Aldeota for most of the day.  Elder Boehm has had some medical problems so we had to go to the ho
spital for him to do some tests.  It went well and I had the chance to talk with a few missionary friends.  One of them just became the Sec. of Finances for the mission and he has only bit out as long as I have.  Strange to think that people from my group are starting to get leadership spots.  

We celebrated a ward members birthday on Saturday which was really fun.  I have perfected the ``Happy Birthday song``, brazilian version so it is fun to sing that now at all the birthday parties.  

 This week was busy but it is what keeps my mind focused and my feet going.  I`m thinking the Dr. Schoels might be in order, because I woke up this week every night with huge cramps in my feet.  I am starting to feel a lot more confident with speaking and the whole principal of learning something from all your companions is really true.  I love you all and I am grateful to be here! Hope your all doing well. 

Love,
Elder N. Anderson 

No comments:

Post a Comment