"Ask God to put you just where he wants you, and to tell you what he wants you to do, and feel that you are on hand to do it." I LOVE YOU ALL - SEE YA IN TWO!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Big Weekend Ahead!

So who is ready for a big ahead at the Anderson homestead?  I hope you all are!  This past week was really different as far as all my weeks have gone on the mission.  I have learned a lot and hope that this next week will be good for you all and me.  

Last Monday, we recieved a lot of information primarily on our Zone Conference down in Aldeota.  It was really different as far as working.  Elder Boehm has been sick this week so the work was a little slow.  We have still been working with Paulo Henrique and Tiago, two boys that are 18 and 16.  They still seem pretty interested in the church so every lesson counts with them.  They really wanted me to speak english to them this week.  Just say a few phrases or teach a few things.  I decided to try it out.  It was suprisingly difficult.  

Especially when they chose me to give the prayer to end things, they wanted it in english.  I realized that for the last 6 months I have been praying in Portugues so that was definatly a struggle. It was half portugues half english which was way different haha.  

The music class that I am teaching is going really well.  This week I figured out that people I am teaching didn´t know the notes as well as they played it off.  I said on Tuesday that if they could memorize both staff´s of notes in the 30 minutes that I gave that I would tell them my first name.  There has been a big scuff in the ward with the members and me.  The really want to know my name but I never say it.  So I gave them the ultimatum.  After the half hour, the students had the notes down so I finally ended up saying my name.  Made it 4 months!  Man! 

Like I said early, there was a lot of trips back and forth to Aldeota.  1 hour bus ride so I have been accustomed to standing and holding on for dear life.  Thursday was our Zone Conference in which President and Sister Souza gave excellent talks.  There were a lot of missionaries, a lot of food and a lot of missionaries coming out with a better attitude toward our new president.  It was really cool because I was understanding everything that was going on.  Didn´t have to guess or ask a bunch of questions.  
We had a baptism on Sunday.  Gelson, an 11 year old who is cousins with Marcelo a young kid we baptized in July.  

There have been a lot of mixed feelings this week but especially because I recieved the wedding invitation.  I have sitting up on my desk to look at two shanagans finally tieing the knot.  I guess this is the part where I have to end this but I just wanted to say that I will be thinking about you all this week.  Hope everything goes well and that you take lots of pictures.  Especially with this card board cut out of me :)  It is definatly a sacrifice but I am very happy to be here.  Love you all.  Have a good week! 

Tchau!
Elder N. Anderson 

No comments:

Post a Comment