"Ask God to put you just where he wants you, and to tell you what he wants you to do, and feel that you are on hand to do it." I LOVE YOU ALL - SEE YA IN TWO!

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Transfer Week!

Dear Family!
  Well we recieved the call on Saturday morning and I will be spending another transfer (6 weeks) in Ipanema.  Elder Birdsall unfortunalty will be serving in another area.  He was pretty sad about it because he passed 6 months here.  But I guess its all apart of the mission.  I am now serving with Elder Boehm.  He is a BRAZILIAN who speaks very little English.  It will definatly be a change for sure.  After coming back from the transfer I really started to realize that because I can't asked my questions in english anymore.  So I guess its just going to be speaking it 100% from here on out.  I'm excited though.   
  We had the baptism of Gabriel this week. I am pretty sure I have explained the story on him before so it was nice to finally see him so excited.  This week was pretty busy for the most part.  When we finally got everything ready for the baptism we realized the font wasn't clean.  Saturday morning we went over to go see what it looked like and unfortunatly we realized that we left the water in it from last month.  There was all sorts of creatures in there..YUMMY!  We spent about 2 hours cleaning.   The piano class that we are teaching is going really well lots of people show up which makes it really nice.  I think I might be teaching it be myself now though so it will be interesting.  Elder Birdsall and I gave talks on Sunday.  Trying to excite the Ward about the work and see if there could be anything done to help us out.  During our talks we talked about references and during Elder Birdsall's he spoke about inspiration and we had two young men pass out these little slips of paper to the congregation.  After the meeting we recieved 25 references so hopefully this will keep me busy with my new comp.  On thursday after lunch we were walking home and off the side of the road someone dropped a bunch of scrabs  of fabric.  I told E. Birdsall that I wanted to get some and told him that I would make a tie out of it.  After getting started I said I would make it before Monday(Today).  We had a little competion because E. Birdsall was doubting me.  So all weekend, during my free time (Morning and Night) I hand stichted a tie.  Yes, everyone I did finish it last night and E. Birdsall was amazed.  I wore it today to the transfer.  It was pretty funny.  I call it my ''Brazilian Trash Tie''.  
  It will be an interesting week as we start the new transfer and all but I am definatly excited for the challenge.  It will be different especially since I will be speaking portugues 100%.  I will keep you up dated for sure next week.  But that is all I have time for today.  Love you all!  Thanks for the updates.  Tem Semana Boa!  Tchau!

Love,
Elder N. Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment