"Ask God to put you just where he wants you, and to tell you what he wants you to do, and feel that you are on hand to do it." I LOVE YOU ALL - SEE YA IN TWO!

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Oct. 31st Sleeping with a hanger under my pillow

Happy Halloween! 

Familia e Amigos,,, como Estão!?  It still hot, still sunny and life is going swell here in Fortaleza Brazilllllll! So an Elder that we live with, Elder Cavaleiro, is convinced that are house is possesed.  Seriously like there is so sort of spirit that lives inside or ´´visits´´ us during the night.  I am not really sure if I believe it or not but he did have some pretty convincing stories.  It also wouldnt suprise me since the house we live in is about 15 years old (Meaning 15 years since missionaries have lived in it) and I am in Fortaleza where people practice ´´Macumba´´.  It is pretty funny some times when I wake up and see Elder Cavaleiro sleeping with his scriptures opend right next to his bed with chapters opened to when Jesus casted out Devils in the New Testament.  Elder Cavalerio also snores like a lawn mower.  I think I woke up 6 out of the 7 nights this week to him honking!  I couple nights I threw hangers at him to get him to stop.   Hence me sleeping with a hanger under my pillow!  :) We are working with a couple that got married this last week named, Nilde and Joseberto.  They are super nice and really interested in the church.  As a wedding gift we gave them a picture of Christ that they have hung in their home.  Nilde, according to my comp, is crazy about me.  Sometimes I agree.  When we teach she sometimes stops Elder Nabas in the middle of the lesson just to ask random questions about the US.  She says to do just to hear my accent.  Sometimes its really funny! ´´So we would like to talk about the baptism of Christ tonight´´  ´´Wait!  How do you say my name in English´´  Something along those lines.  We are gearing up to baptize Nilde and Joseberto this week as well as Luzia, Camilia and Iara.  Hopefully things will go well and Elder Nabas and I both agreed that we need a miracle this week. To Everyone Pray for these people!  We are entering into the 6 and final week of the transfer.  I am not really sure what will happen.  Friday we will get the call.  I will either stay or go, Elder Nabas will most likely stay for sure.  I am hoping to stay a couple more but I guess we will have to wait and see.  Today I told the brazilians (my roomates)  that we would celebrate Halloween.   They werent really sure what to do so we went to the store to buy abombora´s..Pumpkins!  Turns out it didnt really catch their attention but I am still doing it! I am carving an outline of brazil in my small little pumpkin!  They bought stuff to make cookings and asked me to make some,  cake mix cookies of coarse :)  So will probably be doing that later tonight.  They dont celebrate halloween here.  Actually they dont celebrate thanksgiving as well.  How do I know?  well they were pulling out Christmas decorations this week in our house.  Yes we have our christmas calender and stockings hung.  I dont know why, I was knodding my head as they were hanging up the stuff.   Life is going swell.  Minha vida esta melhor porcausa da missão Realmente amo esta lugar e tudo que esto aprendendo. 

I love you all!  Have a good week everyone!  Until November :)

love,



Elder N.  Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment