"Ask God to put you just where he wants you, and to tell you what he wants you to do, and feel that you are on hand to do it." I LOVE YOU ALL - SEE YA IN TWO!

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!


Hellllllloooooo!  How is everyone?  Get ready for some big old turkey dinner!  For the record, thanksgiving is not celebrated in Brasil.  Dang!  I hope everyone got to see the pictures sent last week.  

This week went very well.  We had a baptism on Sunday for a lady that we have been working with for 4 weeks.  It was really cool.  She always has alot to say to us about the most random things but it was a good experience to see her enter into the waters of baptism.  She choose our LMA (Ward Mission Leader) to baptize her.   He did about three times because I think he was really nervous.  We were able to guide him through it though :)  He just got his mission call to Missão Brasil Maceio and will be leaving in Decemeber so we figured it would be good to give him the practice. 

We were really focusing on Lucia this week for baptism but had  other teaching oppurtunities.  We taught this young man (19 years old) who has a really strong belief in God.  We actually ended up staying at his house for 2 hours talking about everything there is that God has to offer.   It was wierd when I walked in to the house I looked at my watch and then the next thing I knew I was looking back and two hours had passed.   There was a lot of good things to discuss and hopefully he becomes more interested in the church.   We also were teaching the lessons over again to Sandra, our baptism last week.  We are having to preparing missionaries teach her and helping them along as they learn the lessons.  I just kinda feel like that that was our week focusing on recent converts and our baptism for this week.  This next week we are planning for one more conference with Elder Claudio Costa of the Seventy and that should wrap up our General Authority visits. We have a Zone conference with him on Friday this week. 

I have realized that I am pretty sure my subconcience is a missionary as well.  I woke up this week a few nights dreaming that I was a missionary.  I was doing missionary things in my dreams and it just seemed crazy.   There was moments when (in my dreams)  that I would be second guessing if I should be doing something or if I would have to call President about something.  I woke up thinking how strange my life is right now.  A 19 year boy,  in a different country,  speaking a different language, living with three brazilians and going out every day telling people how they can be more happy in their lives.  I guess life isn´t normal right now because, I´m a missionary. 

Pictures are now realesed on the church website for the Fortaleza Temple.  The temple land was dedicated last Tuesday by Elder Bednar.  http://lds.org/temples 

I am grateful for...
the people here in Fortaleza
the fact that I don´t have to walk in the rain every day
bug repellant
the Gospel of Jesus Christ
My call as a Missionary
My Parents 
My Family and Friends cheering me on back home. 

´´In the season of Gratitude, let us all remember what we are grateful for.´´

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and continue to remember the blessings in your lives.  Remember Turkey can make you sleepy, break a ´´wish bone´´ for me, and eat your heart out.  I probably won´t be eating turkey until 2013. Also don´t forget about the discounts and ´´hot´´ deals for Black Friday!   Love you all! Happy Thanksgiving!

Love you all!
Elder N. Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment