"Ask God to put you just where he wants you, and to tell you what he wants you to do, and feel that you are on hand to do it." I LOVE YOU ALL - SEE YA IN TWO!

Sunday, November 20, 2011

One day late!

Hey everyone!  Sorry its one day late today!  We had a pretty busy week and it just seemed like there was never time to breath.  We had a great conference with Elder Evans, Elder Costa, Elder Goodoy and of coarse Elder BEDNAR! I feel like I have a good chunck of of my mission to work on every thing that they all said.  It was well worth the wait to here from these men.  It just seemed like it was a good way to start a new part of the mission. 
 
So to start this week was pretty busy with alot of appointments and a lot of people to meet.  We had a few references come in that helped alot with keeping us busy and find new people to teach.  We were really focusing on our investigator,Sandra to we scheduled to be baptized this week. She is 14 and had a lot of questions before we arrived on her doorstep.  She wasa actually a reference from a member of the ward. When we first started teaching her, she already wanted to be baptized. She said that there was something different about us, something she is not sure exactly but she just felt that it was right, what we taught.  To make a long story short, this girl was baptized in 2 weeks.  Not a miracle, just finding the right person prepared.  I had the oppurtunity to baptize her which was awesome! The minute she came out of the water I just saw this huge smile on here face.  The water was a little cold but to her she said it felt warm.  I was a really cool experience.  (Picture)
 
If I could write about everything that I learned this weekend I would, but I would be here for an hour or two and you all would be reading for the long as well.  On Friday we headed down to another stake center on the other side of the city.  Its one thing to walk around in a short-sleeve shirt and tie, but another to be in a suit in Fortaleza, Goodness it was hot.  We had a good expereince with Elder Evans. He is the director of the missionary department of the church and works closely with Elder Nelson and Holland. He gave us alot of good tips about rules, doctrine, and a sneek peek of next years missionary program for the church.  He said that there will be a few things changing so it is was cool to here about that.  His wife, sister Evans spoke as well and it was a good way to start the weekend.  Saturday we worked as usual with a baptismal interview for Sandra.  
  
Sunday was our stake conference with Elder Costa and Elder Evans as well as President Souza.  I had another experience of taking a tour bus to conference.   I really dont think I will ever get used to that.  The conference went well.  Both Elder Costa and Elder Evans talked about the temple and the priviledge Fortaleza has of building one this next year. I dont think they have a set ´´completetion´´ date but I´m thinking that it will be close to the World Cup.  Fortaleza is a host city :) Elder Costa talked about the importance of having good friends bring you to the temple.  I guess I can say that my good friends were my Parents, thanks Mom and Dad (tear). After I had the chance to talk with Elder Costa for a few minutes.   I talked about him coming to Portland 2 years ago to reorganize the Stake. Dad he remembered me!  and he remembers that lunch we had at the Jensen´s home.  He sends a big brazilian hug from a small brazilian man.  It was funny what he said ´´You were a little shorter and spoke a little less portugues´´   Of coarse :)  Shout out to the Peacock Family as well because he remembers his lunch with you all.   (Picture) 
 
Monday was the big day with Elder Bednar.  We had the conference with him as the same stake center on the other side of town.  Again a long journey in a suit is not as comfortable as it is at home.  We were going to take a large group picture with him so we all had to get ready before he arrived.  (Picture) We all stood in position and waited patiently as he walked in.  It was the most quiet I have ever heard this mission.  The first thing he said was ´´Como Vai´´ (How is it going?)  Then it was all English from there.   He talked a lot about us acting as missionaries.  Doing arevery best to alwayss have the spirit and to keep striving for revelation.  Elder Bednar had a good question and answer part in which I think everyone wanted to ask someting but he wanted to stick strickly to Doctrine.  You know that feeling when you resite something over an over in your head and then you forget it when you finally have something to say. Yeah, that was me. Luckily it was the last question asked. 
 
There was a lot learned this weekend and I am grateful for the oppurtunity. According to Sister Bednar,  its an experinece that not every missionary gets to have.  What a story to tell some day. 
He is truly someone called of God and has the power to testify and ´´Pierce your soul´´.  I am a really grateful. 
 
Hope you all have a good week and you can see all the pictures!  Love you all! Tuda Bem!
 
Love,
Elder N. Anderson
 
Picture Two Elders

No comments:

Post a Comment