"Ask God to put you just where he wants you, and to tell you what he wants you to do, and feel that you are on hand to do it." I LOVE YOU ALL - SEE YA IN TWO!

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Oct. 24th Another Nasalily Week

So I am not sure if everyone remembers but when I was in the MTC, I remember that I was getting a little sick however it seemed like my portugues was improving while being a little nasaily.  Well it happened again this week.  I woke Friday, Saturday and Sunday sick.  Blah!  I don´t think there is anything worse then being a sick missionary!  I´m pretty sure I had the flu but it is all passed now.  However, Elder Cavalheiro, an Elder that I live with is sick now.  oops :)  On Sunday at Church, a member of the ward complimented me on my portugues saying that I sounded like a brazilian.   Goodness...This week was excellent other than being a little under the weather.  We decided to have a crazy week of teaching and just go at it.  We did excellent teaching whoever, whenever.  We have a a few investigators that are progressing well and hoping that by the end of the transfer (Nov. 6) We will see some fruits of the progression.  Right now we are focusing on a 14 yearold girl named, Iara (EE-ar-a)  and a couple named Nilde and Joséberto, they will be getting married tomorrow, we´re pretty excited! I just seems like a normal life.  Everything that I am doing.  Every day I have my routine of working out, getting things ready for the day, breakfast, study and then teaching.  I still come home exhausted and there are some nights where I wake up and I have huge cramps in my legs.  It is interesting how I have dedicated my feet to the work.  Who knows if they will ever be the same after these 2 years.  We just got word that Elder David A. Bednar, of the Qourum of the Twelve Apostles and Elder Claudio R.M. Costa, Brazil Area Presidente will be coming here on November 14 to give a special fireside to the missionaries serving here.  They are coming as well to dedicate the Temple plot, which will begin construction this December.   Everyone is really excited.  Especially my ´´roommate´´ Elder Cavalheir.  His exact words ´´I hope he burns me.  Something along the lines of Jeffery R. Holland but Elder Bednar style´´.  Whatever that means.  We had an interesting experience with an Evangelical Lady this week.  The minute we began teaching she pulled out her Bible and was reading word for the scriptures and what not.  As we were finishing up we both felt that all we could do is invite her to be baptized just not mark a date.  She accepted and said she really enjoyed the discussion.  She ended with that ´´We need a lot more people like you two in this world, your on the right path.´´  It was pretty awesome.  She said she had nothing to come back at us.  Our message was direct and she said that what the most enjoyable part.   What I have noticed to be the hardest part of it all is getting people to go to church.  It is seriously like pulling teeth.  They either don´t feell ´´Prepared´´ or dont wake up.  The majority of the time is them not waking up. We have decided to give wake up calls to those the say they will go to church.   Our chapel is progressing well.  The finishing date is set for December 15th.  Hopefully I am still here.  Life just seems to be going well tambem.  I feel like I am in the ´´Power Band of the Mission´´ :)
Love you All!  Keep Praying for those missionaries!  Falou

Love,



Elder N. Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment